Shane Warne, arguably the best leg-spinner of all time, handed away on Friday (March 4) night following a suspected coronary heart assault in Thailand. Warne, 52, ‘was discovered unresponsive in his villa and regardless of the very best efforts of medical workers, he couldn’t be revived’, as per a report by Fox Information.
The cricketing fraternity have been completely shattered after they received to listen to Shane Warne, one in all cricket’s all-time greats, died of a suspected coronary heart assault on the age of 52.
Warne, who was named as one in all Wisden’s 5 Cricketers of the Century, claimed 708 Check wickets in 145 matches in a 15-year lengthy illustrious profession for Australia between 1992 and 2007, and was additionally a World Cup winner in 1999. He had an underwhelming debut towards India in 1991/92, the place he had conceded 150 runs for a solitary wicket. Nonetheless, he grew to become an improved bowler with time, and later completed his cricket profession because the second-highest wicket-taker in Check cricket, after Muttiah Muralitharan.
Allow us to take a look at how Warne had fetched all through his profession:
– After making debut towards India in 1991/92, Warne performed for Australia in 145 Exams and 194 ODIs earlier than he determined to retire.
– Warne ended his worldwide profession with 708 Check wickets and 293 ODI wickets, at a mean of 25.41 and 25.73 respectively.
– Warne nonetheless stays the second-highest wicket-taker in Check cricket, after Sri Lankan legend Muttiah Muralitharan
– In addition to being a real match-winner with the ball, Warne was additionally an helpful batter decrease down the order. The truth is, he had 13 half-centuries (12 in Exams and 1 in ODIs) within the worldwide circuit, and was out on 99 within the closing Check match.
– Curiously, Warne by no means led Australia.
– After retiring from skilled cricket, Warne began working as a cricket skilled, and labored with numerous broadcasters.
– He has third-most Participant-of-the-Match awards in Exams, being adjudged for 17 instances.
– Warne nonetheless holds the file of most runs throughout codecs within the worldwide profession with out notching up 100.
– Warne is the fifth-fastest to bag 250 ODI scalps.
– Warne had bowled 51, 347 deliveries throughout codecs in his profession, which is the third-most balls bowled by a single particular person.
Solely time will inform whether or not one might match Warne’s numbers sooner or later. However it could be absolutely a mammoth job to focus on, particularly when the batters have began dominating greater than the bowlers in modern-day cricket.